BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
Trust & Depository team in Wroclaw is part of the wider EMEA Asset Servicing Technology group and it is focused primarily on delivering and maintaining IT solutions that simplify and smoothen the depository oversight process. In particular, this involves working on a system that help the operation teams in making sure that all the transactions being serviced within EMEA are compliant with rigorous financial markets regulatory requirements.
• The team is involved in the delivery of primarily new strategic solutions (green field development) or major augmentations of existing platforms
• All responsibilities fall within the team to deliver front-to-back solutions
• We promote and utilize a Lean Agile framework to allow for incremental development of new components and systems – and we apply DevOps principles (DoD, code reviews, test-driven development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment)
• We deliver solutions following microservices architectural principles
• The team is focused on client delivery, embracing feedback from our customers at all stages of the process and regular self-review of our operating model
• Collaboration with other teams and continuous learning are critical to our culture
Tech Stack and Tooling
• CI/CD: Gitlab
• Database layer: Oracle (major), SQL Server, Mongo
• Front End: Angular 6, Bootstrap, Angular Material, Selenium
• Back End: Java (1.8), Spring, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud
• Deployment: Private cloud infrastructure (VMs or containers), Docker, Sonar
• Code Repository: GitLab
• Development and Knowledge Base: IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence
• Methodology: Scrum & Kanban
• Designing and implementing scripts (e.g. Gitlab pipelines, shell / Python scripts etc.) to automate builds, tests suites and deployments.
• Flexible, yet independent team player who is comfortable leaving her/his comfort zones and thinking creatively
• Inquisitive and analytically-minded engineer who can articulate complex technical problems in a concise and clear manner
• Strong technologist with a preference towards developing her/his technical skills in cloud- and microservices-oriented architectures
• 2+ years of experience as devops
• Practical knowledge of Unix shell scripting or Python
• Very good and practical understanding of Jenkins Gitlab-CI and/or Jenkins Pipelines
• Knowledge of Java /.NET / Java Script build tools ( Maven, Gradle, Bower, npm, yarn, MSBuild, NAnt, NuGet or other)
• Practical experience with Docker
• Ability to communicate technical ideas and express basic concepts in plain English
• Willingness to continuously improve and learn other frameworks, languages, tools, etc.
• A team-player attitude, including a willingness to assist team members with ad hoc work as and when required
• No prior business knowledge is required. Direct communication with stakeholders/business clients is encouraged and used as learning
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)