Tech Support Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others?
We’re looking for someone like that to:
– support a range of applications within the Rates and Credit business arena focusing on ION and FIX technologies for our business users i.e. understand the front end used by trading
– uphold high standards for timely issue resolution of issues and problems
– contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services e.g. process improvement, utilize and maintain monitoring tools with a view on process automation
– review and adhere to internal change review process as our gatekeeper to our production environment
– define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
– maintain a knowledge database and promote knowledge sharing amongst the teams
– forge and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in the region.
– create strong relationships with key development teams for the applications supported and be able to represent the business priorities back to development leads effectively
You’ll be working in the Rates & Credit Pricing and eTrading team in Krakow. We are a combined service operations and transition/change team aligned to functional streams globally. We are responsible for second-level problem and incident resolution, infrastructure design and capacity management, exchange connectivity, change control and implementation, support tools development and business continuity planning, amongst other competencies. Our expertise lies in the Fixed Income R&C Securities (bonds, futures, IRS, CDS) trading applications, which includes both proprietary and vendor software, and provide real-time matrix pricing, quoting, trading, risk, position and P/L management to the trading desks.
– a natural ability to solve complex issues
– experience in a role like this – 3+ years of IT production or application support and/or experience in an application development role experience in a large enterprise environment focusing on ION Trading – Market View infrastructure / Gateways / Clients and / or supported both packaged and custom solutions. Also FIX messaging market data and trade gateway experience is beneficial.
– some front office exposure within Investment Banking (bonds, futures, swaps, cds trading)
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
– technical skills including
– Windows / EXCEL, UNIX / LINUX / RDBMs exposure (Scripting / SQL / Shell),
– Basic SQL skills for data gathering,
– Scripting language (Perl or Python)
– Automation tools (Splunk, AppDynamics or Moogsoft)
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
– capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."