Head of Group Finance, Poland
Business management, administration and support, Finance
Job Reference #
Are you experienced in managing finance teams? Have you successfully supervised finance professionals and supported their career development? Have you been a finance leader? Are you good at managing senior stakeholders?
We are looking for someone who is ready to:
• take over the leadership role for the Group Finance function in the UBS Business Solution Center (BSC) in Poland providing services to various regional and functional Group Finance functions
• cooperate with senior business partners and broader service delivery teams to ensure smooth operations, seamless delivery, and the execution of the operational strategy in line with the expectations towards service quality, risk and cost
• ensure that nearshore delivery remains consistent and compliant with country / UBS policies and management standards
• create transparency and ensure flexibility regarding resource allocations to continuously optimize processes, become leaner, more efficient (faster time to market) and effective (better quality at lower costs)
• create and maintain a work environment conducive to teamwork, creativity, and quality
• manage operational risks and incidents as well as to provide evidence and support for functional controls
• resolve nearshore delivery problems and work to proactively prevent issues from occurring
• create the right environment that sets the stage for motivation of team members (e.g. developing succession management plans, defining and supporting individual development plans, coaching high-potential employees) , including ensuring strong talent pipeline
• drive changes, service innovation and process excellence in cooperation within the teams
• in addition, potentially leading one of the functional areas in the BSC using your SME experience
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
Group Finance acts as guardian of the firm's financial resources by maintaining financial control, by ensuring integrity of disclosure and by providing advice and insight. These capabilities are the foundation of our service and give our internal stakeholders confidence in their decision making.
You will be working in the UBS BSC in Krakow and report to the Finance Operating Manager. Your teams are based in our offices at Fabryczna Office Park (Krakow), Green Office (Krakow) and in Wroclaw. You will be responsible for the overall service management, the local oversight of the teams' activities, for the management of operational controls and risks within the function and for driving changes.
• experience in finance leadership positions in an international environment
• an operational service delivery management track-record and experience in process improvement
• excellent knowledge of performance measurement requirements
• a degree in Finance, Economics or a qualified member of relevant accounting bodies e.g. CIMA, ACCA, or similar
• excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
• able to lead, motivate and challenge teams working with various stakeholders
• able to think strategically and from an operational delivery perspective
• able to build and maintain strong strategic relationships with senior stakeholders
• paying attention to detail and are an excellent analytical thinker
• consistently demonstrating risk and professional behavior
• known for your can-do attitude
• fluent in English (written and spoken)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."