BNY Mellon powers individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, BNY Mellon delivers global scale at the local level.
The Global Delivery Centre in Wroclaw is a growing location, predominately providing support services to BNY Mellon entities in the areas of fund accounting and investment operations.
BNY Mellon Data and Analytics Solutions is a public- and private-cloud-based software and content offering that builds client-centric data, technology, and content capabilities. Operating with the skill and agility of a fintech, Data and Analytics Solutions combines the expertise and resources of the Eagle product suite, Intermediary Analytics, and other BNY Mellon technology and data assets. Moreover, the division further extends BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing capabilities in securities and cash into the world’s most important asset class, data. Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms to analyze their data from different vantage points and transform it into actions that can achieve higher alpha and cheaper beta, with lower costs and less risk. Offering an ecosystem of proprietary and third-party business applications, Data and Analytics Solutions helps firms manage their core investment processes and beyond.
We currently have a Back-End Developer opening in our Accounting Engineering group within Research and Development. This is a great opportunity for you to work with high-caliber developers and business analysts to be continually challenged by developing new features of our software as well as working on existing features. You will learn and grow as a developer and have the opportunity for advancement in both technical and business areas. You will be able to showcase your extensive C++ skills within the Financial Services industry. While preferable to have Fixed Income experience, your general financial services and/or trading application experience is desirable as well.
• Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
• 7+ years of experience in C++ application development
• Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
• Adept in Object-Oriented programming with very strong design skills
• Detailed understanding of data structures: Hash tables, heaps, trees, lists, queues, templates, STL containers
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of multi thread programming concepts, thread synchronization, etc.
• Knowledge on topics such as: system calls, signal handling, memory map, shared memory, semaphore, File I/O, asynchronous I/O, Shared library handling
• Experience in profiling (thread, CPU, memory), debugging, code optimization techniques
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Database and SQL programming knowledge is preferable
• Full time contract of employment
• City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
• Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
• Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
• Pension scheme
• On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
• Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Employee Referral Program
• Recognition programmes
• A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.