Senior Java Developer for Cloud Framework
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an excellent problem solver who is passionate about the latest technology and innovation? Are you a leader who wants to bring engineering excellency to the organization? Do you love learning? Is Agile your way of life?
We are looking for someone who can:
• be a hands-on, experienced technical team member to work in the Regulatory Applications team for Finance Technology
• analyze business requirements and design / develop robust technical solutions and contribute to the end-2-end software development lifecycle
• establish engineering excellency across our all our products and processes
• challenge the status quo, innovate, and build great software
• continue learning, build engineering communities, become ambassadors of innovation
• work as part of an agile development team within a global technology team located in the US, UK, Poland, and India and collaborate with other global IT teams outside of Finance Technology
You’ll be working in the Finance Technology team within the wider Finance, Risk and Analytics Service (FRAS) Technology team. You will as part of the Global Regulatory Calculations team in the MEG function alongside other talented women and men to bring the benefits of the latest technology to solve complex business problems in a sustainable and innovative ways. Our team offers:
• being a part of a major transformational programs in a leading international financial organization
• agile environment where diversity is celebrated
• excellent learning, mentoring, and internal mobility opportunities
• Knowledge and effective usage of Java, development using PL/SQL, Unix scripting
• Experience in one of the technologies: Apache Spark, Python, Functional programming /Scala/Big data/Cloud(AWS/Azure) is mandatory (more than 1 is a big plus)
• proven design and engineering skills experience participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle
• proven track of requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, coding, testing, and implementation providing support for real-time low latency, distributed software systems processing big data sets
• strong team player who takes initiative, well organized, structured and with drive to deliver high quality software solutions / components
• passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."