Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Team Leaders in the following areas:
The person filling this position will be responsible for the supervision and review of work of a team in charge of their day-to-day responsibilities. You will need to ensure that the whole team adheres to monthly/quarterly/annual requirements to internal parties and external clients and you will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention.
- BS/BA degree and equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one of the following: finance, banking, accounting, financial reporting, audit, fund accounting, AML/KYC
- Previous supervisory experience
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve client and auditor needs
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work quickly and accurately in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both verbal and written skills
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and independent review of team performance
- Developing and maintaining working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretations
- Ensuring accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, acting as a key client contact
- Ensuring efficient operation of daily processing and functions, advise on workflow improvements
- Communicating professionally with other sections and departments to effectively address and resolve problems
- Managing and supervising a team of specialists and/or supervisors
- Actively managing direct reports by establishing efficient workflow standards, providing ongoing feedback and conducting (semi) annual performance reviews
- Participating in the career development of staff and acting as a role model and mentor
- Participating in the interview and selection process for job applicants, and assisting new staff members in learning job specific tasks
- Promoting a cohesive team atmosphere through exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, and development of individual career paths