Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
If you are interested in providing high-quality and insightful financial analysis and would like to work for the industry-leading businesses this role is for you. As a Senior Planning and Appraisal analyst you will work with colleagues in the business and Finance to produce the relevant insights that supports the business in their decision-making. This position will support planning; forecasting and appraisal scope. Planning and Appraisal provide high exposure to Shell business leaders giving opportunities to work on important business problems and in personal development.
Where do you fit in?
This is an individual contributor role in a team supporting country or global/regional businesses. The team is part of the wider Upstream; Integrated Gas and Renewable Energy Solutions organisation.
What’s the role?
- Support the business decision making (operational and strategic)
- Collaborate effectively across multiple assets/entities and functions to develop a credible annual business plan, including challenging inputs and ranking opportunities
- Work with and challenge assets/entities to deliver fit for purpose quarterly latest estimates, focused on value/risk. Support performance appraisal materials
- Perform analysis of monthly and quarterly financial results, gaining understanding of business performance and challenging where appropriate (e.g. burn rates, one-offs)
- Formulate and effectively communicate concise performance insights to senior leaders (monthly MI), gaining respect through your authenticity and ability to speak up and challenge where appropriate
- Provide ad-hoc deep dive analysis performance that utilises the individuals understanding of the interactions of core financial indicators and their relationship to the underlying business
- Coordinate the delivery of complex sets of Planning and Appraisal products in a matrix environment and implementing opportunities to standardise and optimise delivery.
- Build a funnel of technical automation solutions that will drive Planning and Appraisal efficiency and lead the resulting projects to ensure their successful implementation.
- Working with most confidential, market-sensitive data is an important feature of this role.
- Very wide range and seniority of planning and appraisal activities, that are delivered in the centre gives an opportunity for many career paths and learning most of Shell global businesses.
- University degree in a finance related discipline
- Relevant experience and a proven track record in business performance management
- Mindset to drive truly global standards in a customer centric way
- Technical capabilities in automation and data management or the aptitude to develop these skills
- Professional qualification such as CIMA or ACCA - or recent progress to obtaining your qualification would be an asset.
- Self-starter with a track record of performance and proven ability to deliver quality results under significant time pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills with personal confidence to quickly build credibility, respect and rapport
- Strong communication skills, and ability to complex raw data into understandable key messages & insights
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Able to work across organisational boundaries with a diverse group of colleagues and stakeholders at multiple levels in the organization
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell