Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
The Tax Lead will ensure that all Direct Tax compliance process is properly executed by Finance Operations and use Continuous Improvement Methodology to optimize the team and the process from efficiency and effectiveness perspective. This position will report to the Head of Tax Filing and Reporting and will liaise with the respective businesses based across various geographical locations in Canada.
The Tax Lead role also involves individual contributor responsibilities, primarily as a reviewer of a limited number of high complex/material legal entities.
It requires very good stakeholder management skills and understanding of Direct Tax compliance activity and Group Reporting. Ability to understand, manage and provide oversight of various applications along with delivery of training to the team is also an integral and a key part to the position.
- Lead Direct Tax Team
- Develop both functional and leadership skills in the team required to support the tax function and the business in the Direct Tax compliance process
- Review and ensure on time and accurate tax calculation and reporting of Quarterly Direct Tax Provisions and monthly advance tax payments
- Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of changes in the process as may be relevant
- Optimize the direct tax compliance process
- Ensure succession and knowledge retention in Direct Tax team
- Support quarterly and annual audit support (internal, external and Tax Authorities)
- Ensure Quarterly submission of direct tax key performance indicators
- Build excellent relations and communication channels with stakeholders (internal and external) ensuring effective communication
- Strengthening the business relationship through regular update calls, documenting the same, identifying action items and follow-up to the closure
- Keep track of all changes on local legislation or business changes that could impact any of the taxes in scope and proactively communicate
- Identify and implement opportunities to continuously improve processes which enable to deliver on efficiency and effectiveness targets
- Responsibility for direct tax document retention in line with the company's policy and local legal and fiscal requirements
- Ensuring compliance with standard streamline direct tax compliance process and controls
- Align with Tax Manual Notes (TMN) and other company guidelines
- Contribute to updating and maintenance of Key Tax Assumptions and work instructions & training framework
- Review and ensure that roles and responsibilities for direct tax matters are up to date
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Law required
- MBA, ACCA, CIMA certificates will be an asset
- Minimum of 6+ years’ work experience in various financial positions (tax, accounting, finance)
- Minimum of 4+ years’ work experience in tax compliance or advisory
- Strong knowledge and experience in tax accounting, direct tax compliance or advisory
- Knowledge of controls, standard processes and guidelines, and accounting principles
- Highly developed analytical skills with perceptive and clear think strategic abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with senior stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills proved by managing various teams
- Knowledge of various ERP systems and MS Office skills
- Experience of working in a virtual environment
- Strong and proved experience in project management
- Fluent English language is a must
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell