Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can.
Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Senior Business Analyst. The Senior Business Analyst performs project management, business analysis, research, and testing to support key business initiatives and maintain and/or implement products and solutions. The individual operates as a spokesperson for the client to ensure the appropriate decisions are made related to client related technology development and maintenance activities and ensures the correct business functionality, requirements, and industry standards are addressed within the envisioned solution.
- BA/BS degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years related work experience.
- Masters of Business Administration a plus.
- Financial services industry knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of custody operations and fund accounting workflows, as well as an understanding of the key roles assumed by Custodians, Fund Accountants, Fund Administrators, and Transfer Agents preferred.
- Demonstrated application of project management principles, practices, tools and techniques, including business case development, ROI analysis, planning, scope and issues management, budgeting, and facilitation.
- Proficiency using windows based applications, including MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and MS Project.
- Knowledgeable in SWIFT messaging, communication methods such as FTP and MQ, and other systems and Internet technologies.
- Ability to recognize one's own strengths and limitations, taking appropriate initiative to pursue development activities and seek assistance as needed.
- Creative and effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide insight to process improvement and be a dependable source for new ideas.
- Experience in leading and creating a positive team environment.
- Proven ability to influence morale and team spirit within the division.
- Ability to take action in solving problems, while exhibiting a realistic understanding of the scope of the issue.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, including targeting the communication to the audience and negotiation. Ability to compose, edit, and review sophisticated written materials.
- Oral communication skills including the ability to facilitate effective meetings and to deliver presentations.
- Consultative and advisory skills with a proven ability to build confidence in interacting with internal and external clients.
- Ability to multi task.
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with a client's evolving needs.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to lead, direct, and develop junior talent, including providing constructive feedback and performance evaluations.
What We Offer:
- Private medical care for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Hybrid Working Opportunities
- 2 additional days added to your holiday calendar for Culture Celebration and Community Service
- Various additional benefits including professional training and qualification support
- Subsidised cafeteria
- Contracts for an indefinite period of time with no probation period
Some of your key responsibilities include:
1. Business Analysis
- Lead internal and/or external client workshops/meetings to gather, understand, and set client’s project goals, workflows, complex business needs, gaps, and opportunities.
- Conduct and coordinate business analysis efforts for projects and initiatives. Determine how changing business needs will affect the system, product, process, and solution. Describe the business need and potential solution in terms that both business and technical teams can understand. Review and approve all technical documentation related to the approved solution.
- Propose improvements to documentation and project structure.
- Understand the Product/System architecture and functionality, and assess the feasibility of client requests and apply the features of the various products as applicable.
- Create, review, and approve business requirement documents, use cases, issues logs, project status documents, scope change documents, mapping specifications, test plans, test cases, scope statements, and business cases.
- Actively participate in industry and professional networks to ensure awareness of industry standards, trends, and best practices.
- Apply industry knowledge and standards to BBH’s products and client workflows to ensure the most efficient and effective client solutions.
- Identify gaps in current products or solutions, and recommend and create new solutions to fill these gaps.
2. Project Management
- Oversee project management activities on assigned tasks to ensure projects stay on budget and are completed within agreed upon timeframes. Develop project plans and achieve outcomes according to budget reviews and escalate budget and/or change of scope variances as appropriate.
- Identify current and strategic project staffing needs.
- Ensure current and accurate documentation of the solution. Oversee and/or perform testing of systems changes, development of product announcements and any needed modification to client demonstrations.
- Supervise and participate in all aspects of user acceptance testing, including documentation of test cases and test scripts, testing, tracking defects, and analysis of results.
- Provide cost estimates to the business sponsors for the proposed solution. Using an ROI approach, advise the business areas on how to move forward to achieve business goals.
3. Problem Solving
- Develop case studies to communicate to the division, sales representatives, and other clients how BBH's products solve client workflow issues.
4. Client Relationship Management
- Participate and/or contribute to client and marketing presentations to demonstrate BBH’s technological capabilities and technology strategy, including how they can be successfully applied to our client’s workflows.
- Identify and address gaps in knowledge of internal business groups and external client groups, and participate in the training of other team members and clients as needed.
- Identify and qualify additional revenue generation opportunities.
- Coach and mentor analysts in accomplishing stated division goals and assigned projects.
- Participate in staff reviews assigned to related projects.
- Lead and/or assist with post project reviews.
- Identify process improvements for the division to continually improve efficiency and lower the cost of doing business.