Price Optimization/Exposure Analyst
Price Optimization/Exposure Analyst
Shell in Krakow
Our people are essential to the successful delivery of the Shell strategy and to sustaining business performance over the long term. Performing competitively in the evolving energy landscape requires competent and empowered people working safely together across Shell.
We believe that diverse teams led by inclusive leaders deliver better safety and business performance.
5000+ employees 63 nationalities 20 languages
Shell is an international energy company with expertise in the exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals global energy company.
Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries work together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future. We are working to advance disability & enablement, gender balance, culture/ethnicity and LGBT+ inclusion within Shell and the communities where we work.
In Support of the Pricing/Exposure Manager
- Ensure routine price, cost and risk marketing administration is flawless.
- Operate and continuously enhance current business analytics and information resources.
- Establish a program of performance improvement initiatives.
- Monitoring exposures.
- Execute exposure management interventions in support of the Exposure Manager.
- Identify and act on value opportunities through price setting and margin optimization.
- Unlock value opportunities considered “too difficult” to operate.
- Operationalize customer and supplier pricing propositions with the goal of perfect consumer satisfaction.
- Develop simple yet innovative analytical insights to exploit Shell price, margin and volume data. Materialise these insights through accessible tools that guide negotiators towards better commercial outcomes.
- Above and beyond the preceding responsibilities, use your understanding of Bitumen prices to contribute to growing the value of the business year on year.
Through your intimate contact with prices and costs be able to move beyond “the number on the page” to understanding and acting on the business implications of particular data points and trends.
This role experiences periods of intense activity ( month, quarter and yearend ) which are tightly time bound and critical to business operations.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Strong Commercial mind set (preferably experience in Pricing/Sales activities)
- Superb analytical skills, strong problem-solving mind-set, highly numerate
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Fluent English is a must, knowledge of Dutch, French or German is a plus,
- Knowledge in the area of Risk Marketing and / or Trading, OTC derivatives (swaps and options) and Futures would be an asset
- Knowledge of SAP with respect to pricing & billing as well as Business Finance experience would be an asset
- remote work opportunities
- flexible working time
- corporate products and services at discounted prices
- christmas gifts
- private medical care
- life insurance
- charity initiatives
- employee referral programme
- parking space for employees
- electric car charger
- leisure zone
- integrations events
- sharing the costs of sports activities
- sharing the costs of foreign language classes
- sharing the costs of tickets to the movies, theater
1. Find a perfect career opportunity and apply
2. Be invited to the process via call with recruiter
3. Nail your job interview (assessment center)
4. Get an offer and start your adventure with Shell