Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Fund Accounting Manager
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Fund Accounting Manager to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for the management and direction of one or more of the business lines net asset value (NAV) production teams including: Trades, Cash and Capital Stock, Expenses, and Special Handling. You will have direct oversight of high volume activity, consistently complex issues and/or high level risk and exposure items that have significant impact on the achievement of department objectives. This will include management of a group of employees who typically receive direct management from Team Leaders and Supervisors.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Establish service standards with Client Service Group colleagues and ensure they are shared with and understood by team members and all internal support areas.
- Serve as an escalation point for client service issues and deliverables.
- Establish appropriate contacts with client service colleagues and internal departments.
- Anticipate and identify clients' needs in order to match BBH products and services to those needs.
- Build overall credibility and foster trust with clients.
- Oversee daily production and manage resources to meet stated deliverables.
- Ensure every process supported has an appropriate control and documented procedures and best practices are followed.
- Leverage or develop risk reporting tools and alleviate areas of potential risk.
- Review and discuss issues requiring escalation with senior management
- Lead and participate in inter departmental committees and project teams.
- Manage performance issues and disciplinary process for employees falling below set expectations.
- Manage team expenses at or below budget targets of FTEs and overtime
- Complete and oversee the completion of the BBH annual performance review process.
- Oversee promotion recommendations and compensation adjustments.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve individual and team performance.
- Develop and maintain process improvement objectives.
- Participate in new business and product meetings to ensure production strategies will enable controlled, scalable support.
- Leverage department metrics to identify areas of high support cost and take steps to mitigate.
- Lead and assist in implementing the coordination of new business and product implementations and conversions.
- 7+ years of related industry experience.
- 4+ years prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to initiate, plan and follow through projects to completion.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build internal relationships toward managing client needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.