State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Financial Reporting Team Supervisor, Senior Associate
Location: Kraków, małopolskie
JOB ID: R-606208
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
Reporting to Financial Reporting Manager (Officer), this permanent position offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to manage a team of people in the Financial Reporting department of the leading fund administrator.
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of relevant work processes alongside a broad understanding of related and interfacing activities to provide effective management of Financial Reporting.
You will be expected to work closely with your manager to plan and deliver projects assigned and perform day to day tasks pertinent to the department’s activity. A major focus will be on supervising teams to ensure that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
To supervise the team ensuring all staffing functions are completed as appropriate.
- Lead and motivate staff, particularly direct reports.
- Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team, taking specific responsibility for the development of Senior Accountants
- Provide coaching, guidance and support to staff on technical, professional and client issues.
- Develop and communicate a clear picture of team goals and approaches to business, based on a clear understanding of client requirements.
- Monitor and appraise the performance of team – providing regular formal and informal feedback ensuring the PPR system is updated within corporate deadlines.
- Assist with recruitment of new staff.
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients.
- Perform and monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
- Identify and analyze issues and problems in service delivery on weekly basis and carry out necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct supervisor informed of issue. Record the issue in the issues log and track progress.
- Plan and manage the daily processes and the effective utilization of resources.
- Report the daily status of deliverables and proactive communicate any issue which may influence our timeliness or quality of deliverables
- Support the team during daily production especially during peak months – where expected allocation to daily production is at the minimum level of 50% of the time
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators are produced, reviewed/validated and dispatched to manager who coordinate overall KPI data for the whole UK FR team, to Donor Sites as required.
- Be an initiator and leader in implementation of process improvement in aim to simplify and make process more effective
- Ensure adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
- Ensure contingency plans exist for the work of the team and where necessary contribute to the business continuity plans and tests.
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new systems and products.
- Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work.
A person with relevant financial education in the field of economics, finance, accounting or similar. Obtained or studying towards obtaining a professional accountancy qualification would be advantageous and will have 1-2 years manager experience in a similar environment.
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of Financial Reporting,
- complemented with a detailed understanding of Fund Administration, Custody and Legal /
- Regulatory background
- Experience in managing a number teams / people
- PC literate with very good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask and work in a pressurised environment.
- Knowledge of accounting frameworks including Irish GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP and UK SORP.
- Have an enquiring mind and a willingness to investigate and solve problems
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to delegate work to others
- Experience of working to deadlines, must be able to manage time effectively
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.