State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management, market research and trading. With $28.4 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management State Street operates in 29 countries and more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 29,000 worldwide promoting a culture of excellence.
At the moment we are looking for candidates for
Junior Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Gdańsk, pomorskie
JOB ID: R-612351
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
Why State Street Bank Poland?
Operating in Europe since 1970 State Street services clients in multiple locations. State Street Bank Poland was established in 2007 in Kraków. Today State Street Bank Poland employs over 2000 staff members at three sites across the city. Our Kraków office provides investment fund accounting and related services to clients of multiple State Street locations and business units across Europe. We offer positions in a challenging, rapidly changing and international environment. There are multiple opportunities to gain experience in diverse areas of the investment fund cycle. State Street offers a significant scope for personal growth and career progression. Throughout your career at State Street you will be provided with a wide range of training opportunities and internal mobility options as well as individual development plans, attractive benefits and an excellent remuneration package. The continuous development of our employees from day one is critical as we continually seek to develop and expand the local management team and create future leaders from within.
In January 2018, we launched one of the industry’s largest technical transformation projects, in effect building a new bank from the ground up. We’re using the same technologies that Silicon Valley giants are using: aggressive use of multiple public clouds, building our own private cloud to achieve even better performance, pushing out microservices into what will be one of the largest Kubernetes installations in the world, leveraging immutable storage to process and store hundreds of terabytes of data per day, transforming our industry through application of distributed ledger technology and cognitive computing, aggressively participating in open-source communities that are driving our systems.
This isn’t a traditional banking role. This is a chance to push your technical skills with people who are more comfortable in a technology firm than an investment bank, and are solving real problems that affect anyone with any form of savings worldwide. We don’t expect you to wear a suit, we don’t expect you to not be able to tell your friends what you’re working on, we don’t expect you to sit in meetings 5 hours a day.
Specifically, the Cloud Operations Team is responsible for keeping the private cloud up and running in a 24/7/365 environment that will service 1000s of mission-critical applications for the bank. The team will also be responsible for defining monitoring and alerting requirements, creating runbooks for automating the most common operations tasks and driving the change management/deployment process. This level of transformation can only be achieved with a complete ground up redesign. New data centers, new physical infrastructure, new control plane software, and new CI/CD pipeline tools means you get to learn a lot more than just how to support and keep a cloud available.
- Production/Technical support for the OpenStack platform and all components within
- 24x7x365 shift-based support with rotating on-call
- System Administration on Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Oversee, participate in and manage production deployments
- Interface with globally dispersed vendor and internal teams
Minimum required experience:
- Excellent Linux system administration and troubleshooting skills
- Experience supporting and operating the OpenStack platform and its components or equivalent private cloud environments
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation skills for updating and maintaining a knowledge base
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience working with CI/CD platforms (e.g. Jenkins)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
- Experience supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization
Minimum 1-2 years of preferred experience:
- Experience supporting financial services infrastructure and/or applications
- Experience working with bare metal provisioning systems (Ironic, MAAS)
- Experience with configuring and extending monitoring tools
- Experience working with configuration management tools (Ansible)
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
As a first step we ask all candidates to fill out our online application form. Please enclose the CV in English and remember to save this document without any Polish characteristics also in file name.