In October 2018, Shell went live with a drastically different HR operating model. Part of that new operating model is HR Advice, that is responsible for all support to front-line leaders in relation to employee and team related matters. Previously Shell employed local HR business partners in all the countries it was operating in, however with the creation all local HR Business partners have been ceased, and support is now coming from HR Advice. This is a major shift in philosophy and at the same time a very exiting journey to set up a new organization dedicated to partnering with line managers.
This position is leading an HR Advice team that is supporting the Functions in Shell in the Netherlands, with over 1000 managers being dependent on the support from your team. As the team is the entry point for line managers, we coach and advice on almost all possible HR related matters. We work with other parts of the HR model, including specialist HR resources in the Netherlands if and when required.
We are in a journey of growing our impact on the business, which clearly links with the growing of the capability of the team. We are therefore looking for an experienced HR professional to help us in that journey, someone who has experience in partnering with the business and can bring that mindset to our organization. At the same time, helping us to grow the competences required to be an effective and trusted advisor to the line.
- Lead a team of HR Advisors Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; where required personally supporting managers with more complex HR-related queries.
- Ensure seamless end-to-end resolution of queries of line managers and employees.
- Partner with line managers on most complex HR queries, providing operational as well as tactical HR support.
- Responsible for creating a great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager’s needs, including managing escalations where they may arise.
- When required perform investigations (e.g. conflicts of interest, global helpline cases).
- Coordinates with Global and/or Local HR Consultants in case of (large scale) change initiatives, to ensure proper HR Advice support is provided to these initiatives (e.g. large reorgs, office moves).
- Establish strong working relationship with colleagues in country and the COEs to ensure the team can effectively partner when necessary.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities within the immediate team as well as across other teams to improve the employee experience
- Oversee and decide on exceptions/step-outs to processes
- Share expertise and knowledge on policies and processes to effectively deliver through team of advisors
- Ensure strong collaboration with other teams within the HR model (i.e. ER/IR, COEs, country HRBPs, Integrated Resourcing).
- Provide coaching to the team, growing the capability level of the team.
- Represent team at broader leadership meetings.
- degree in Human Resources or related field would be beneficial
- proven track of experience in partnering with a range of stakeholders/business partners
- solid understanding of how HR adds value to the business, ideally have worked in front-line facing role supporting line managers with HR related matters.
- knowledge of HR processes
- previous experience in team management
- leadership skills - ability to motivate and energize, grow and develop individuals.
- effective stakeholder management skills.
- diagnostic and investigation skills
- advocacy and inquiry - able to ask quality questions
- problem solving and decision-making skills
- Project Management experience would be beneficial
- CI mindset
- fluent English
Number of Vacancies:Benefits of working at Shell:
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Utwórz powiadomienie, a informacje o nowych ofertach pracy spełniających Twoje kryteria otrzymasz mailowo.
Dziękujemy za utworzenie powiadomienia. Nowe oferty pracy spełniające ustawione przez Ciebie kryteria będą przesyłane na Twój adres e-mail.
Zamknij okno, aby wrócić do poprzedniej strony.