Based in Ada, Michigan, Amway is one of the world's leading direct sales companies. We operate in more than 50 countries around the world offering a variety of products: health, beauty and home care. Amway Business Services Center was established in March 2010 to provide state of the art service to corporate operations across Europe, India and Africa. From graduates to highly qualified experts we hire the best professionals in the fields of Finance, Customer Service, Marketing, IT and HR. Here, you have the opportunity to add value and be valued – to achieve your professional goals and work with truly exceptional people. We believe in your potential and we value your talents.
Currently we are looking for a person for the position of:
Tech Lead/ IT Solution Architect
Tech Lead/ IT Solution Architect
- Function as the key point of contact between solution delivery and business pursuit – provide strong cross-functional knowledge to represent IT product delivery related functions (such as transition management, delivery management, quality, etc.) and pursuit (such as knowledge of product life-cycle, business perspective)
- Responsible for crafting winning, deliverable solutions. Accountable to ensure that proposed solutions offer a winning business value proposition — plays a key role in the preparation of IT product designs. Need to understand current operational frameworks and how their solutions will be managed through and after the implementation.
- With an overall solution in mind, the Solution Architect will research, evaluate and select technology and infrastructure products, analyze functionality and features, assesses cost-benefit factors and impacts/risks to the organization, security, and users, investigates compatibility with the existing operating environment selects products for evaluation, determines evaluation criteria and recommends final selection.
- Assess and evaluate new emerging products and works with corporate EA team and Product Owners to ensure that the product adheres to establish standards, policies, and guidelines
- Adhere to standard solution architecture methodology (such as ensuring appropriate reviews/sign-offs with EA Team)
- Acts as a contact point for any inquiries about IT products architecture, design, and technology roadmap
- Accountable for analyzing IT environment — conducting a company-wide current state/needs analysis
- Keeps current with the latest technology; regularly attends technical training in order to maintain technical expertise
Profile we look for
- Complete understanding and application of IT principles, theories, and concepts.
- General knowledge of related functional and technical groups.
- Ability to interface successfully with internal stakeholders to analyze requirements and develop solutions.
- Accountability for work effort.
- Previous experience in Software Development in the role of Senior Developer or Hands-on Team Lead – minimum 5 years
- Experience and a strong understanding of full-stack developer technologies suite especially in the area of Java and TypeScript languages
- Working experience of microservice technologies
- Working experience of AWS platform and Serverless solutions
- Associate degree, or educational equivalent, in computer science or information technology field, or
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Preferably previous experience with SAP Hybris Commerce platform
- Previous experience working in Agile (ideally SCRUM) environment
- Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers, and management
- Understanding of application security
- Good English skills verbal & written
What we offer
- Numerous company events (family picnics, Christmas parties, Carnival balls, Away Days, International and Product days)
- International team environment
- Benefits: Private medical care, MyBenefit, Life insurance
- Fresh fruits every Monday
- Employee training (induction training, “Amway University” portfolio, language training, professional certification)
- Product discount
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.
The Tech Lead / Solution Architect plays a key role in the pursuit of new business, working across all levels of the organization, understanding the requirements to craft winning and deliverable solutions. This position evaluates and decides which technologies to use, works closely with developers to ensure proper implementation and a link between the needs of the organization and the developers.
The following statement should be enclosed to your application:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed by Amway Business Centre-Europe Sp. z o.o. located in Zabierzów (adres: Krakowska 280 str., 32-080 Zabierzów) for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act dated 29.08.1997 (uniform text: Journal of Laws of the Republic of Poland 2002 No 101, item 926 with further amendments)."