Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. One of our key ambitions is to get faster and leaner, and to move closer to the customer. Therefore, we are building up a Center of Expertise which in addition to Finance Business Partners and GBS Finance is one of the three key pillars of our service delivery model. The Finance Controlling & Planning CoE has the responsibility, working closely with the division and country organizations to: # Drive Controlling & Planning standardization. To strengthen our CoE team, we are looking for a self-driven Team Leader focused on execution with a process improvement approach. Seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping our new CoE center and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
You will play a key role in financial controlling within GBS, in Kraków. Reporting to the CoE Hub Manager, you will provide reliable and timely analysis of financial results, budget, and forecasts in order to support business leaders and stakeholders in decision making.
- Support and guide management on all aspects of internal controls.
- Act as speaking partner for management and functions and help build awareness of a robust internal control environment.
- Understand the Group, GBS and business strategic objectives and corresponding risk landscape to support operational management identify and manage risks.
- Ensure that the Internal Control methodology is strictly implemented and maintained.
- Develop and provide trainings and expertise to Process Owners, Control Owners and Control Performers to ensure successful execution of roles and responsibilities.
- Coordinate the timely planning and execution of management testing of controls in line with the Group’s methodology and timeline.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external auditors. Ensure alignment with planning process as well as scope and testing strategy.
- Support and oversee the remediation and deficiency assessment process and proactively work with the Process and Control owners to establish proper remediation plans.
- Perform cross-functional design and process reviews in order to challenge existing design effectiveness and provide expertise on control design.
- • Participate in global internal controls initiatives and projects.
- University degree in finance, accounting, auditing, etc.
- 8-10 years’ experience in internal control or audit and finance related areas.
- Good business knowledge and working experience in the areas of process improvements, internal controls methodology, practices and US GAAP.
- Sound working knowledge of ERP systems and controls.
- Broad experience in a shared services environment serving multiple geographies and multiple functions (i.e. not only finance).
- Fluent in English language (spoken and written).
- Leadership skills accompanied by strong intercultural skills, strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- Proven ability to effectively work under pressure and within strict deadlines.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Enjoy a stable employment in a company with a long history in innovation and technology
- Collaborate with experienced experts in an international environment
- Seize individual development and training opportunities, from job specific to soft skills
- Get private medical care (including offers for family members) and life insurance
- Receive attractive remuneration based on your experience and skills, and other financial benefits, such as annual bonus and internal share purchase program
- Choose from various benefits in kind, ranging from healthy lifestyle offerings, to knowledge sharing, to teambuilding activities
ABB Data Privacy Statement: