Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Fund Compliance Analyst!
Under the supervision of the Fund Compliance Supervisor, the Fund Compliance Analyst actively participates in the day-to-day tasks. Within the Investment Restriction Monitoring team, he/she performs review of the more complex analysis performed on potential breaches of the regulation and prospectus before sending client notifications. He/she will be responsible for the follow-up of those breaches as well as assisting the Supervisor in overseeing the team's progress and providing assistance / guidelines whenever needed. He/she will have frequent client contacts.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Monitor Compliance requirements for upwards of 40 Funds daily utilizing Charles River Developments Compliance Master system. Take proactive steps to communicate any compliance issues contained in the reports and to develop resolutions of such issues.
- Prepare monthly compliance reports and take proactive steps to communicate any compliance issues contained in the reports and to develop resolutions of such issues.
- Develop and maintain methods to enhance procedures with respect to the compliance monitoring function.
- Developing and maintain a working familiarity with applicable laws, regulations and interpretation governing the administration of mutual funds.This includes the UCITS IV and SIF laws and other applicable requirements such as CSSF circulars.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Fund Administration Compliance Supervisor and Manager.
- Assist with the preparation of Quarterly Board Reports.
- Develop and maintain a strong working familiarity with Charles River Developments ComplianceMaster system.
- Assist the Fund Administration Compliance Supervisor and Manager in developing ways to enhance and automate the compliance function for areas that are manual.
- Use Bloomberg to conduct research as needed.
- Develop and maintain a strong client service relationship with clients.
- MA or BA degree in finance or related field;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in investment fund compliance;
- Experience with Charles River Developments Compliance Master compliance monitoring system;
- In depth understanding of BBH client portfolio (nice to have);
- Familiarity with the UCITS IV and SIF laws and other applicable requirements such as CSSF circulars;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, capable of monitoring and completing multiple projects and tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.