Application Manager and Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse and global environment? We’re looking for Application Manager and Developer to:
• Provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• Design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming languages
• Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• Ensure that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
• Act as an owner for Self Service Patching and Resource Provisioning Proxy applications and functions
• Deal with development and support tasks as well as assist in troubleshooting any issues relating to these applications
• Work with the Support team in resolving issues
• Discuss possible new features and fixes with end users
• Implement said features and fixes
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Distributed Hosting organization, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You’ll be working in the Hybrid Compute Team as part of the Technology division in Wroclaw. As Application Manager and Developer, you’ll play an important role in mediating between global management tools and the existing, customized infrastructure we employ. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
• hands-on experience with Python, PL/SQL, shell scripting (bash) JSP-EL, TSQL and Databases - Oracle DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Working knowledge of json, yaml structure
• Ability to produce secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent and well-performing
• preferable previous experience in designing, planning and delivering solutions in a large scale enterprise environment
• a committed and visionary team player with analytical and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
• a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
• curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
• fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."