Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. You are driven to get things done and view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Workforce Project Manager!
The Workforce Project Manager will work as part of the workforce team to support the execution of the workforce strategy and will have responsibility for: managing transitions of work between BBH offices and/or our Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) provider, ongoing BPO relationship support for transitioned activities and support for workforce analytics execution and delivery.
The Workforce Project Manager will specifically be responsible for the scope review process for any proposed transition of work between BBH offices or BBH office to third party vendor. This includes preparing for and working with Compliance to gain regulatory approvals for any transition of work, obtaining legal approval and risk opinion as well as working through client communication and consent to the change (if required).
S/he will also work alongside team members to oversee the BPO relationship and all work moved to the BPO. This includes incident management, BCP events and serving as an escalation point. S/he will manage any audit and risk assessment requirements with the BPO vendors.
S/he will also be responsible for workforce analytics, focused on providing meaningful insight and analyses through comprehensive and concise reporting and dashboards. S/he will work closely with Service Delivery Leaders and Business Line Controllers to effectively manage our headcount and workforce commitments including but not limited to: Productivity Saves, Outsourcing Activity, Globalization movements, New/Lost business.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate internal client workshops/meetings to gather, understand and set client’s globalization project goals, workflows, gaps, and business process improvements.
- Coordinate and coach business leads through the transition methodology in the areas of risk, compliance and legal (scope review process).
- Act as point person for legal components of maintaining BPO relationships and (if applicable) engaging new parties.
- Ensure that the impacts of changing business needs are understood and are reflected in the risk assessments.
- Perform and/or supervise project management activities on multiple assigned transitions to ensure projects stay on target to meet the key milestones and stay within the legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and/or review project plans and track project progress accordingly.Conduct regularly scheduled scope and risk reviews and with business to define contingency plans.
- Responsible for ongoing assessment and reporting on status of transition.
- Works with Service Delivery business leadership to ensure seamless delivery of services from BPO is consistent. Evaluates Service Level Metrics, volume trending and incidents to contribute to overall relationship management;
- Escalation point for BCP scenarios, incidents, Path to Green;
- Contributes to financial management of the BPO through close collaboration with team members, business lines, Controllers.
- Works with Service Delivery leadership, Division Executives, Controllers on to provide transparency on all Workforce commitments (i.e. Productivity saves, Transitions, Redeployments);
- Maintains real-time line of sight into status of relevant projects and initiatives and the respective impact on Service Delivery budgeted commitments;
- Produces regular updates to respective oversight committees: SDOC, ISOC, SDLT.
- BS/BA degree, and/or equivalent work experience;
- 10+ professional experience ( including experience in workforce transition management);
- Impeccable attention to detail and financial acumen;
- Established experience in building a relationship with outsourcing provider;
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles (Agile and Waterfall), tools and techniques, planning and issues management;
- Financial Services Industry experience with back and middle office investment servicing operations, ideally as a result of working at a global custodian, asset manager or consulting organization;
- Excellent data analysis and technical skills (Excel, MS Access.);
- Demonstrated Communication and Presentation skills;
- Demonstrated Influencing and leadership skills, including negotiation and conflict management;
- Demonstrated planning, organization, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Customer-focused perspective, team work, negotiation, conflict management and adaptability;
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Demonstrated decision-making skills, including delegation, team work;
- Ability to learn, adapt, and apply new concepts and technologies;
- Strong, effective interpersonal and negotiation skills and is able to communicate effectively with department/group managers and project stakeholders. Under moderate supervision, interacts with external stakeholders e.g., clients and vendors.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.