Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Middle Office Operations Specialist!
As a Senior Middle Office Operations Specialist you will assists the supervisor in leading the daily operations and be directly responsible for specialized functions within Middle Office Operations, including the more complex processes. Your knowledge of Banking area will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment driven to process daily tasks. To be successful, you’ll need to be well organized, have very good time management and present very good communication skills and team spirit.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensures daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met.
- Resolves discrepancies among parties. Ensure accuracy and completeness data provided.
- First review (maker versus checker) of daily process.
- Make sure instructions received from Client are introduced into daily process.
- Works with internal teams to resolve any Client inquiries together with Supervisor/Manager.
- Reconciles within the internal systems to other affected BBH systems and relevant custodian.
- Proactively identifies any IMO related issues and elevate to team management.
- Takes the lead in identifying opportunity areas in improving the daily processing operations. Understands fundamentals of relevant systems and processes. Makes suggestions for areas in which improvement s are necessary and takes the lead in putting a business plan in place for the improvements.
- Meets periodically with internal constituents to ensure reporting outputs are relevant for their needs.
- Responds to inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists or backs-up the Supervisor in client interactions, as needed.
- Participates in new enhancement testing and rollouts to increase productivity and improve accuracy.
- Participates in special projects, as requested.
- Provides training to IMO related process.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a Banking with preferred Middle Office Collateral and Margin Management, Fund Accounting, Fund Administration or Fund Operations role.
- Ability to perform technical responsibilities of the job with a high level of competence.
- Aptitude for thorough and timely research, analysis and resolution of a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally using effective verbal/written skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively juggle assignments.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Proactive self-starter who is detail and goal oriented.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.