Group CTO - Technical Lead UBS Deploy
Poland, United Kingdom
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to help us develop and maintain the next generation of deployment tools across UBS Group? We’re looking for someone dynamic and motivated to:
• provide technical leadership for a small team of developers
• help develop and maintain UBS Deploy, a platform enabling CI/CD for over 35,000 developers across several different business divisions, as we re-engineer it to leverage containers and cloud technologies with Azure and Kubernetes
• design and develop the next generation of development tooling using centred around Git Ops and Infrastructure As Code
• work as part of an agile development team
• collaborate with other global IT teams
• perform level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
You will be working in the CTO function partnering with the architect community within the Group Technology organization to transform the way we manage software development. Our global team is unifying existing programs that support the tools and processes used by our development community, aligning them to our Cloud adoption agenda and driving the creation a dynamic developer/engineering experience. We are passionately working towards recognition of UBS as the "employer of choice" for technical talent in the Financial Services industry.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• strong Java development skills including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming with excellent design and problem solving skills.
• knowledge of Infrastructure as code tooling (Puppet, Terraform, Vault)
• experience with containerization and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Service, Helm)
• Unix / Windows command line tools knowledge
• experience working with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
• applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
• strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
• focused on quality
• an excellent communicator
• aware of on-going technology trends and know-how to pragmatically leverage their benefits
• quick learner
• comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."