Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #
Does financial and macroeconomic modelling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– develop and implement econometric models for forecasting financial and macroeconomic variables under baseline and stress conditions
– demonstrate a good understanding of model risks and produce high-quality documentation
– interact with different teams across UBS for modelling and scenario analysis
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and thrive on the challenges brought on by the changes in the regulatory landscape
You’ll be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk team (PCR) Economic Forecasting and Scenario Analysis Team in Zabierzów (Krakow Business Park). Our team is responsible for all aspects of country risk analysis. The PCR Forecasting and Scenario Analysis team's main focus is on the development of econometric models and scenario generators for stress testing. Our team covers modelling of global macroeconomic and financial risk and the development of stress scenarios for UBS and its regional entities. The scenarios are developed using a suite of econometric models and involve input from senior management and other experts within UBS.
Stress scenarios represent an area of continuous development, as they are increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks on their business and by regulators to assess the resilience of the financial sector and the economy to adverse events.
– Master’s or PhD degree in Economics/Econometrics/Finance or a related field
– an established record of working with macroeconomic data and solid knowledge of econometric models used for forecasting
– at least two years of working experience in the financial industry, economic consultancy or academic/professional research
– knowledge of statistical modeling software (R is a must, knowledge of Matlab, Eviews, Stata will be a plus) and LaTeX
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– experience working with large datasets (e.g. data mining and machine learning) is a plus
– experience involving quantitative economic analysis and/or quantitative finance for stress testing is a plus
– having produced publication quality papers with econometric content is a plus
– team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently to a high standard
– a strong communicator, able to clearly explain technical topics to non-technical audience
– structured, organized, and detail-oriented
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."