Senior Data Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a developer who loves working with data? Do you want to design and build next generation operational telemetry using the latest technologies?
We are looking for a data analytics developer to:
- collaboratively build operational, near real time telemetry to make us better, faster and more efficient
- analyse events and processes in a complex ecosystem, and produce insights, and identify areas for improvement
- help the TOC achieve its goal to be a more data driven organization
- work closely together in a bigger group containing solutions engineering, support teams and product assurance to solve real business problems and ensure successful end-to-end delivery
We are expanding the Event Monitoring and Insights team within the Technology Operations Center for UBS in Wrocław. We provide telemetry and intelligent data driven solutions and this benefits our internal clients by giving them intelligent strategic and operational insights to enable them to improve. You’ll play an important role in building data feeds, designing dashboards, and applying advanced analytical functions for a myriad of different business use cases.
This is a great opportunity to join a newly formed team of individual of varying backgrounds, with an ambitious and exciting objective.
- an experience in applications development and data analysis
- an ability to code in Python and/or other programming languages such as R & Scala, and demonstrate eagerness to learn new things
- hands on experience in developing with Splunk or other search-based technologies (i.e. ELK) - nice to have
- excellent problem-solving skills
- a passion/interest in data analysis
- a great communicator and team player
- able to design elegant solutions, write clean code and solve complex business problems
- self-driven, organized and detail-oriented
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You are kindly requested to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w ofercie pracy dla potrzeb procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 27.08.1997r. Dz. U. z 2002 r., Nr 101, poz. 923 ze zm."